The Sugar Factory "Crvenka" is a leading factory
among the 15 sugar factories in Serbia.
Its optimum slicing capacity is 6-6500 tons of sugar beet and 1000 tons
of sugar, as well as 350 tons of dried briquetted sugar beet pulp and
250 tons of molasses.
So far, the Factory has processed over 25 million tons of sugar beet and
produced over 3,3 million tons of sugar.
The Sugar Factory was built in 1912-13. with the capital
of the Anglo-Hungarian Stock Company.
After World War I, the Czechs bought up the stocks from Hungarians, and
after World War II the Factory was nationalized.
Today, the Factory is in the process of ownership transformation in order
to form a stock company again.
The development of th Sugar Factory, above all, implied
the expansion of its capacity.
From the original 1200 tons of sugar beet per day, its capacity is 5-6
times larger now.
At first, technology and equipment were predominantly of the Czech origin,
but in the time the German ones prevailed, either with the installations
produced in Germany or with the locally produced equipment under licence.
Along with the basic development, the development of
supplementary production also took place.
So, since 1923. the Refinery has been producing ethanol and yeast, and
since 1924. refined cube sugar as well.
Before World War II, the Sugar Factory "Crvenka"
counted as one of the most modern and largest European sugar factories.
It was highly electrificated and had a complete solution for waste water
treatment. Furthermore, the Factory has always competent personel whom
it educated itself.
today, the prodution process is controled by an installed microprocessor
The Sugar Factory "Crvenka" means a lot to
the small town Crvenka, located in the heart of Backa, a region in Vojvodina.
About 10.500 inhabitants of many nationalities live in Crvenka. The Sugar
Factory is the largest industrial company in the town and it employs about
Following orders within former state policy, "Crvenka" invested
its capital in the building of other factories, both in the town and in
the Municipality of Kula.
view of the Factory
hall in the year 1913.